The Berean church is part of a world-wide organization with more than 15 million members in countries around the world. We would be happy to have you join us in worship or at one of the church events listed on our calendar.
- In a personal God. Hebrew 1:1-3
- In Jesus Christ, as the divine Son of God and as our Saviour. John 1:1-3,14; Hebrew 7:25
- In the Holy Spirit, the divine comforter, John 15:26
- In regeneration and the new birth, through the acceptance of the gospel, John 3:1-7; 2 Cor. 5:17.
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God. 2 Timothy 3:16,17.
- That the second coming of Christ is very near. That it will be literal, personal, and visible to all. John 14:1-3; Acts 1:11; Matthew 24:30.
- That man by nature is mortal. Job 4:17; 1 Timothy 6:15,16.
- That immortality and eternal life are the gifts of God and are received only through Christ. Rom. 6:23
- That the dead are in an unconscious state. Ecclesiastes 9:5; John 11;11-14.
- That there will be a resurrection of the dead. 1 Thessalonians 4:16,17.
- That the wicked will not burn eternally, but will be burned up. Malachi 4:1-3.
- That righteousness comes by faith, not by works. Romans 4:3-5; Ephesians 2:8,9.
- That salvation comes as a gift of God and is not received through any merit of the sinner. Ephesians 2:8.
- That the law of ten commandments is the standard of righteousness by which all will be
- judged and which all Christians are commanded to obey. James 2:10-12; Exodus 20:3-17.
- That the original seventh-day Sabbath has never been changed by divine authority and
- therefore all Christians are under obligations to keep it holy. Genesis 2:2,3 Luke 23:54-56.
- In the support of the Gospel through tithes and offerings. Lev. 27:30, 32 Malachi 3:8-11; Matthew 23:23.
- In baptism by immersion. Mark 1:9,10; Romans 6:3-5
- In the ordinances of humility and the Lord's Supper. John 13:4-17; 1 Corinthians 11:23-26.
- In the gifts of the Spirit, including the Spirit of Prophecy. Ephesians 4:8,11; Rev. 12:17; Rev. 19:10.
- In discarding unhealthy practices, such as the use of intoxicants, tobacco, unclean meats, etc.
- Proverbs 23:29-32; 1 Corinthians 3:16,17; Deuteronomy 14:3-20; Isaiah 66:15-27.
- That followers of Jesus should manifest true Christian modesty in dress and deportment and should shun all questionable worldly amusement. 1 Timothy 2:9,10; Matthew 24:37-44; James 1:27
About Seventh-day Adventists
Adventists believe a Trinity of three persons--the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit--make up one God. They made salvation possible when Jesus, the Son, came to earth as a baby in Bethlehem and lived a sinless life in accordance with the Father's will. When Jesus was crucified for the sins of the people of the world and arose from the dead on the third day, victory was won for everyone. More >>
What Seventh-day Adventists Believe
As a Christian church, Seventh-day Adventists are a faith community rooted in the beliefs described by the Holy Scriptures. Adventists describe these beliefs in the following ways: More >>
Seventh-day Adventists accept the Bible as their only creed and hold certain fundamental beliefs to be the teaching of the Holy Scriptures. These beliefs, as set forth here, constitute the church's understanding and expression of the teaching of Scripture. More >>