The Ministries of our Church
Berean Health & Temperance
The Unknown Dangers Of Aspartame
By Ed Cabil, There is a growing controversy over the effects of aspartame on the human body:
Below are facts that cannot be refuted:
• Aspartame (NutraSweet) breaks down into methanol (wood alcohol).
• Methanol quickly converts to formaldehyde in the body.
• Formaldehyde causes gradual and eventually severe damage to the neurological system, immune system and causes
permanent genetic damage at extremely low doses.
• The most recent independent research in Europe demonstrates that ingestion of small amounts of aspartame leads to the
accumulation of significant levels of formaldehyde (bound to protein) in organs (liver, kidneys, brain) and tissues.
• Excitotoxic amino acids such as the one which is immediately released from aspartame likely increases the damage caused
by the formaldehyde.
Reduced Calorie Products Have Aspartame-Sweeteners:
- Breath Mints
- Carbonated Soft Drinks
- Chewing Gum
- Flavored Water Products
- Ice Cream -Fruit Spreads
- Gelatin, Sugar Free
- Hard Candies
- No Sugar Free
- Iced Tea,
- Instant Cocoa Mix
- Jams & Jellies
- Juice Blends
- Juice Drinks
- Sugar Free Cookies
- Sugar Free Ketchup
-Table Top Sweeteners